Imagine it’s hot outside and your air conditioner breaks down, leaving you exceptionally uncomfortable. Air conditioner problems are common and we want comfortable conditions restored quickly.
Unexpected air conditioner problems are bad enough, but failed repair attempts can be worse and even more frustrating. When a very important house appliance stops working, we want it repaired quickly and properly the first time.
Common air conditioner problems are:
- Frozen Air Conditioner Coils – generally caused by dirty air conditioner filters or a coolant leak. Frozen coils need immediate air conditioner repair to avoid total breakdown, which is obviously more expensive to fix.
- Air Conditioner Making Louder Noises Than Normal – may be due to a fan belt that needs to be replaced, something loose or a motor or compressor failure.
- Air Conditioner Not Cooling – could mean a number of things. It needs an immediate and accurate assessment by a trained professional to find the cause and make the needed repair.
- Air Conditioner Leaking Moisture In The Cabinet, Closet or Room – calls for immediate air conditioner repair servicing. It may also be due to mold, mildew or other biological growth that is stopping up the necessary drain for the natural condensation that occurs.
Does my air conditioner need repair or replacement?
To help you decide, we assess:
- The age of your AC system. AC units work efficiently for approximately 5-10 years depending on a number of factors. After that, it may be more practical to replace rather than repair it.
- Number of times it malfunctioned. If this is not the first time your AC unit needed repair consider upgrading to a newer model, which will likely prove to be a less expense in the long run.
- Whether you choose to have your AC unit repaired or replaced, always count on the expertise of professionals who are licensed, fully trained and certified to install, repair and replace your system. It is advantageous to have things done correctly the first time or it can be much more costly later.