Every household has to deal with some sort of plumbing problems. Imagine a situation where you find yourself standing knee deep in flooding sewage water, how would you handle the situation? Being prepared is the key difference between calmly handling a situation instead of being panicked by it. It can prevent your few hours of stress and lasting, expensive damages. When it comes to your household plumbing, there are numerous ways through which you can keep yourself prepared for an emergency. There are many plumbing tools used by any professional plumber but here we’ve listed the five must have plumbing tools that every homeowner should have:
- A set of Plungers: There are various types of plungers available in market. However for homeowners, two types of plungers are recommended: a cup plunger and a flange plunger. The cup plunger is suitable for cleaning drain clogs in sink, tub or any other surface where the drain rests on a flat surface. However flange plunger is primarily used for cleaning of toilets as it come with an additional soft rubber coming from the cup. This additional feature allows flange plunger to make a seal on curved surfaces i.e. toilet bowl.
- Pipe Wrench: It is a tool having a heavy metal handle with two wide jaws like protrudences to adjust and fit any plumbing connection. Pipe wrenches are designed and built in such a way to loosen, tighten removal or replace a water pipe efficiently.
- Duct Tape: A duct tape is a quick solution for any general plumbing emergency. Its prime role is to create a seal in and around a leak so as to block off any water trying to make it way out. It is water resistant in nature which makes it a perfect stop gap solution amidst finding a leakage and a permanent fix.
- An Auger & a Snake: These two tools tend to work in tandem. These tools are primarily used for drain clog that are hard for an average plunger to handle. Auger is generally used for toilet as they are designed to easily move through a toilet drain and hook onto potential clog to pull it out. However snake is a more versatile tool as it can be used for various other surfaces such as tubs, sinks, showers etc.
- An adjustable Wrench: It is a multi functional and multi-purpose tool that is used for tightening and loosening of nuts and bolts of all types.
However if your plumbing still persists, you’ll have to seek professional help. Dallas Plumbing Company is a trusted local name for all sort of plumbing and air-conditioning solutions across Dallas. Give us a call to get professional plumbing services at your door step.